September 29, 2010

Screened Calls

I was spending time with a friend the other day.  During the course of conversation she voiced her feelings about people screening their phone calls.  From her point of view it simply is rude and frustrating.  I bit my lip, took a breath and - with what I’m sure was somewhat sheepish look - I stated, “I’m one of those people sometimes.”
Some calls are just plain irritating – sales calls, political calls, survey calls.
Sometimes it’s a bad time to talk.
Sometimes I might be in the middle of something and I just can’t get to the phone in time.
Sometimes it’s a matter of priorities (mealtime, helping with homework, etc.)
Sometimes it helps to know who’s calling so you can be in the right frame of mind to deal with an issue or a certain person.
Unless the call falls into that “irritating category”, I do get back to the caller – hopefully no one is ignored.

I know that I’ve been screened.  I’m okay with it.  My worth lies not in being deemed important enough to merit time and attention.  My worth lies in who I am.

I will say if one of my kids calls I drop everything to answer that call.

I too have a ‘parent’ that will drop everything to answer my call. My Heavenly Father doesn’t screen any of my calls. There’s no voice mail that I’m sent to.  I’m not on some B-List for priority in being heard or answered.  I am His kid- loved and redeemed.  He actually waits for me to call to pour out His love and He answers giving measure according to the fullness of His grace; blessings beyond expectations and belief.

John 1:16   From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, our Heavenly Father is never too busy for us!
    Hey, I gave you a blog award. Check it out when you have a moment. blessings, k

    ReplyDelete