December 11, 2014

Beauty in the Broken


Broken, fragmented, pieces.

Holding all the pieces in hand one would look at this jumbled mess and count it all as loss.
Damaged; flawed; perhaps useless.

My lesson with brokenness continued today when I came across an object that was on a shelf.   It had been a long time since I picked it up.  A bit of nostalgia welled up.  I looked through the viewing end and watched as I turned it.  Tumbling colors,;changing patterns exploding; revealing reflections of beauty. 

 
Kaleidoscope. A simple concept. A cylinder with angled mirrors containing bits of glass. 
As the tube is turned, the tumbling of the glass bits creates symmetrical colored patterns. 

I stood still with my kaleidoscope for awhile today. 
The broken pieces had jagged edges. They were all mismatched... a jumbled mess.  Similar to the jumble mess life sometimes is felt.

Standing still with my kaleidoscope, I was reminded the word kaleidoscope can also mean " a complicated set of circumstances".  How appropriate is that?

Life is a kaleidoscope.  Always shifting causing the pieces to go tumbling... ever changing.
Yet.. out of the brokenness and jumbled mess there is creation of  a magnificent pattern... something new.... something beautiful.

I considered the kaleidoscope of my life.
Yes, there are broken pieces... and jumbled messes.  I often count them as failures; losses; hurts.
Yet the Creator of this kaleidoscope purposes those broken pieces. Through that  mess something of value is revealed.
 
A pattern of HOPE.
A pattern of STRENGTH.
The beauty and value of BLESSINGS otherwise not possessed.
INSIGHTS revealed.
New PATHS opened.
LESSONS that never would've been learned without that slight turn of events.
BEAUTY of life revealed, seen and possessed.

Without the broken pieces none of this is possible.

Amazement and appreciation grows, not only for the kaleidoscope of which my life is but for the one who lovingly holds it in HIS hands.  Gently using that jumbled mess to bless!

 My prayer for  you is to view the beautifulness and value that is revealed in your kaleidoscope and know who is lovingly holding it!


Romans 8:28   And we know that  in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.
Isaiah 64:8  Yet you, LORD, are our Father.  We are the clay, you are the Potter; we are all the work of Your hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment