October 22, 2010

COMFY

There are those times when I feel the need to be comfy. Sometimes that means putting on sweats and fuzzy socks. Sometimes it means being in my pj’s snuggled in bed with a good book. Sometimes it is curled up on the couch covered by my favorite throw blanket with a fire in the fireplace. And then there is that sense of comfy when I’m snuggled with one of my kids or my sweetheart watching a favorite movie.



We each have those places or things that give us that comfy feeling. Comfy means being at ease; snug; having a homey feeling. It’s restful. It’s safe and secure. Sheltered.


I think we also can experience ‘comfy’ when it comes to people. Comfy people are those with whom you feel at ease. There is a secure feeling of being able to just BE – be silent; be silly; be able to express YOU; have a cry; have a laugh; share uncensored thoughts. Time spent with a comfy person refuels and renews. You come away somehow ‘better’ after each time spent with a comfy person.


The comfy people I have in my life are blessings.
-the fellow mom with whom I laugh over our kid experiences and receive insight
-the prayer sister
-the compassion filled witness/friend that nurtures
-the new friend whose passing smiles and greetings brighten my day
-the gym friend whose positive outlook no matter what life brings amazes me
-the smiling encourager that fills me with laughter and lightens my spirit
-the faith buddy that shares daily positive scriptural messages
-those miles apart but available 24-7… whose voices immediately bring joy and calm
-a fellow blogger sharing grace
-that quirky, insightful, encouraging fb friend
-the 3 blessings doling hugs and maturing into priceless comfy companions
-the old ‘sole’ with whom I walk through life


As I continue to stand still with all things comfy, I become enlightened by and with the fact that I am truly blessed being able to know a particular comfy. I have a personal relationship with God. It occurs to me I have never thought of my relationship with my Lord as “comfy” but I guess it is. My soul is at rest with Him. He gives me security and shelter. I am able to ‘BE’ with Him. He knows my weaknesses, my sorrows, my joys, my hopes and my very thoughts. Yet, He loves me – unconditionally; sacrificially.


I think I’m going to stand still for a bit in this ‘comfy’.


Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment