January 10, 2011

The Resolution

Many take the New Year to reflect. Hence, the resolutions – those personal goals, projects or reformations of habit. The top resolutions people make are: to spend more time with family and friends, get fit, tame bad eating habits, stop drinking, quit smoking, enjoy life more, get out of debt, learn something new, help others and get organized.

I recently read that while 52% of participants in a resolution study were confident of success with their goals, only 12% actually achieved their goals.
So reading and considering the prior statistics I wonder – Do I really want to dive in with a resolution of my own and what would mine be?
Where does this leave me with the whole resolution process.
After standing still and having some prayerful consideration, I’ve decided to make my resolution not an action but rather a word:

WILLING - inclined; cheerfully consenting or ready; agreeable; accommodating; amenable; eager; prepared.


I would like to go through this year developing, integrating and cultivating the word WILLING into my life.
This word faces obstacles – my willfulness; some stubbornness; tendencies to be opinionated and stuck in ways; and fears and anxieties. Obstacles that can be huge hurdles to overcome. Obstacles that may result in several detours along the way.
But consciously implementing “WILLING” will bring benefits I would like to reap: a daily positive attitude and outlook; determination; perseverance; learning; new experiences; new friends; health; and renewal of joy.


Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

No comments:

Post a Comment