July 13, 2014

Creator; Maker of All


My family and I are very blessed to live in one of the most breath-takingly beautiful parts of the country… the Pacific Northwest.


 
 
 

We have hiked miles in-country and laid eyes on sights that leave us in awe.  Often times and old hymn comes to mind “When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees; When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze;  Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee; How great Thou art!”  and I am reminded that “Ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature, namely His eternal power and deity, has been clearly perceived in the things that have been made (Romans 1:20)”.

To me, it is both ridiculous and an insult to intelligence to hear someone say that all of it “just happened or evolved”.  Forget the beauty for one moment and consider the odds/statistics of all that goes into what is seen looking at a panorama from a viewpoint: a particular type of sun, a particular distance of the planet from sun, the exact balances of atmospheric gasses, the ecosystem of just one of those living organisms within the panoramic view having to be just right, then the balance of a multitude of ecosystems of the many organisms – each having to be just right for all of them to exist interdependently. Then consider each living organism and each of its physical systems – how each physical system/life function works and comes together with many systems to give that organism sustainability and how each of those organisms come together in interdependent ways to create  ecosystems.  Next consider that basic laws of physics/thermodynamics function state that the usable energy in the universe is becoming less and less – things go from a degree of disorder to a higher degree of disorder as time progresses – when left to itself a thing will degenerate.  Yet someone is saying the majesty and wonders of our world “just happened” over time. Not likely.  The statistical probability of any one part of the fore mentioned awe happening is crazy and the statistical probability of all of it happening just right to have the perfect circumstances come together to form the whole… practically impossible.                                                                                            

QUESTION – “Who is God?”                                                                                          

The Intelligent Mind behind Intelligent Design.  The Creator.  Creator.  One who caused to come into being.  One who conceived, designed, made, generated, set up, or formed.

QUESTION – “Who am I to God?

King David once asked of God, “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers … what is man that You are mindful of him?" (Psalm 8:3).”  I have been working towards a new educational degree in the process of changing careers and have had to study the anatomy, physiology and neurology of parts of the human body.  The human body is an amazing organism with a complexity that boggles my  mind. What boggles my mind further is that this The Creator created…me.  His Word tells me “I am fearfully and wonderfully made”(Psalm 139) and also that before He formed me in the womb He knew me (Jeremiah 1).  He knows the very number of hairs on my head (Matthew 10:30).  He has called me by name (Isaiah 43) and I am written in the palm of His hands (Isaiah 49:16).  I was created in His image (Genesis 1:27).

So Who am I to God? - I am wonderfully, purposefully made in the image of my creator - so valued that I am written in the palm of His hands.  That both humbles and amazes me.

My prayer for you is to know you were so valued – that you were wonderfully and purposefully made!
Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Genesis 1:31 - And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good
Ps 139:14  - I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

No comments:

Post a Comment