July 11, 2014

I AM not me


We are looking for answers to questions (7-9-14).  As we begin to find the answers to the questions, we first have to separate ourselves from “me”.  Finding the answers is not about “self-realization”, “self-fulfillment”, deciding or discovering MY spirituality, MY experience, what I believe, or finding MY “personal truth”.  It’s not about “me”.
Finding answers is all about finding the truth.
SPOILER ALERT!!!  SURPRISE ENDING---
There’s a paradigm here.  For when we find the answer to who GOD is, it is then that we find the truth as to who “me” is – a wonderfully created, talented, gifted, unique, purposed, valued beyond measure, beloved individual.

QUESTIOIN: “Who is GOD?”
Looking into the Word, we find that Moses – during a time of self doubt, uncertainty, and stubbornness – asked this questions directly.  “Who should I say when they ask me “what is His name?” Moses asked.
God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.”   In Hebrew I AM is Yahweh - the most holy of names for God.  The name by which He makes a covenant with His people and keeps His promises.

“I AM.”

 Am.
To be. To exist or live. To take place. To happen or occur. To continue or remain. To endure.

QUESTION: “What is God to me?”
He is I AM. 
He exists.  His presence is real.
He continues and remains.  Think about that for a minute.  In this world nothing remains-the only thing that is sure is change and uncertainty.  Everything else comes and goes.  There is nothing and no one we can count on or trust.  Bad things happen to good people.  Good people are imperfect and make mistakes that cause consequences for those around them.  There are times of joy and laughter but loss, pain, sickness and darkness are experienced.
BUT… HE is.  He always was… always will be…

I AM.
Consistent.
Unchanging.
There.

 Because I AM is… the me won’t be lost – subject to all of life’s uncertainty.
Malachi 3:6 – “For I the LORD do not change; therefore you are not consumed.”
Because I AM is… “me” has hope. 

 “suffering produces endurance and endurance produces character and character produces Hope AND HOPE DOES NOT DISSAPPOINT us because God’s love has been poured into our hearts”. (Romans 5)

“If you look at the world, you’ll be distressed.  If you look within, you’ll be depressed.  If you LOOK at GOD, you’ll be at REST.” –Corrie ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment