June 30, 2014

worship - a way of life


Worship is coming into God’s Presence, experiencing His Glory and responding with praise. 
Both amazingly and thankfully this is not just a once-a-week occurrence.  “It is not an event to be attended but rather a life to be lived.” (David Smith)
We experience God’s Presence and Glory in all things daily.  There is no service or ritual… just a relationship with the Father.

Worship as a way of life is:
- daily seeing the extraordinary in the ordinary – a daily focus on the Giver of all
Psalm 19:1 – The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.
1 Chronicles 16:30-33 -  Worship the Lord in holy array; tremble before him, all  the earth rejoice, and let them say among the nations, “The Lord reigns!” Let the sea roar, and all that fills it, let the field exult, and everything in it! Then shall the trees of the wood sing for joy before the Lord.
            Job 38:7 – “morning starts see together”
Psalms 65 13 - the meadows clothe themselves with flocks, the valleys deck themselves with grain, they shout and sing together for joy.
1 Corinthians 2:9 – No every has seen, no ear has heard no heart of man imagined what God has prepared for those who love Him.
           (Psalm 148 - All of creation testifies and praises Him)

– being conscious of the fact that He is here… with you wherever you go.  And if He is with us always, we are always in His presence and again, we can respond with praise.
            Exodus 33:14 – “My presence will go with you and I will give you rest.
Jeremiah 29:13 – You will seek me and fin me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Matthew 28:20 – and lo, I am with you always even to the close of the age.
Psalm 139:7-12 - Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  If I ascend to heaven, thou art there! If I make my bed in Sheol, thou art there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there thy hand shall lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.  If I say, “Let only darkness cover me, and the light about me be night,” even the darkness is not dark to thee, the night is bright as the day; for darkness is as light with thee.

– an attitude – a focus.  Your focus in life speaks constantly to those around you for you, your person, will reflect where your focus lies.  If you focus on things (buying, having, making yours the best or most beautiful) you become materialistic.  If you focus on money you become greedy. If you focus on popularity you become shallow. If you focus on position and power you become corrupt.
Matthew 6:21 - For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Matthew 6:24 - No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
Proverbs 28:26 - He who trusts in his own mind is a fool;
Proverbs 28:20  - but he that makes haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
But when you focus on God, who He is and what He has done you become a reflection of Him.  Others will see His light, His presence and His love through you.
Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.
Matthew 5:16 – In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

When you focus on God blessings follow…
Especially the blessing of His presence and His glory.
Your response will be daily praise.
This is a life of worship. This is my prayer for you.

Psalm 71:8 - My mouth is filled with thy praise, and with thy glory all the day.
2 Peter 1:3 - His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to His own glory and excellence,
Psalm 34:1 - I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.
Psalm 35:28 - Then my tongue shall tell of thy righteousness and of thy praise all the day long.
Psalm 61:8 - So will I ever sing praises to thy name, as I pay my vows day after day.
Psalm 71:14 - But I will hope continually, and will praise Thee yet more and more.
Psalm 104:33 - I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
Psalm 119:175 - Let me live, that I may praise Thee,
Psalm 145:2 - Every day I will bless Thee, and praise Thy name for ever and ever.


We can pray it, we can say it, we can sing it and we can live it. – Sheila Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment