January 2, 2014

Happy Re-new Years


As the new year begins, people often pause to look back at the past year and think about what the coming year will bring. 
Reflection. Contemplation. Resolutions.
With the calendar change, I’ve found myself cycling through this process.  Suffering from insomnia actually became a period of blessing for me this past week.
I’ve made a few discoveries and rediscoveries.
God’s Word doesn’t mention the words reflection, contemplation or resolutions.
But somewhere between the hours 1 and 3 the morning, I did find His Word speak to these principles using words far more effective and meaningful.

 Quiet.  To calm.  Silent. Tranquil. Peaceful.
Psalm 107:30 Then they were glad because they had quiet, and He brought them to their desired haven.
Psalm 131:2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul…
Ecclesiastes 9:17 The words of the wise heard in quiet are better than the shouting of a ruler among fools.
Isaiah 30:15 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, In returning and rest you shall be saved; in quietness and in trust shall be your strength.

Still. Stable.  At rest. Serene. Undisturbed. Untroubled.  Tranquil.  Peaceful.
Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.
Psalm 46:10  Be still, and know that I am God.



Both of these words have gotten pushed off into the cobwebs in the corners of life for me by the business and craziness of daily life.  Somewhere in those early morning hours, the Father helped me find them so I could dust them off and start to use them again … emotionally and spiritually.
And they led me to the next word.

Renew - which holds other words: Restore. Reaffirm. Reestablish. Reawaken. Refresh. Rejuvenate. Repair. Renovate. Replenish. Revitalize. Transform. Begin again. Breathe new life into.
Isaiah 40:31 But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength.
Isaiah 41:1 Listen to me in silence… let the peoples renew their strength.
Zephaniah 3:17  The Lord your God is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in His love.
Romans 12:2  Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may prove what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Quiet. Still. Renew.

It is my closing prayer that you have a Very Happy Re-new Years.

No comments:

Post a Comment