December 31, 2013

Hold your PEACE


Peace.

I have been standing still with this word for awhile.  A part of my heart is troubled with an aspect of this word … it has been for a lot more than a while now.
Living my life through Faith, I believe in Romans 12:18 “If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone:” Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God:”   Romans 14:19 “Let us then pursue what makes for peace and for mutual building:’ and Hebrews 12:14 “Strive for peace with all men.”

Peace.
Non-warring condition. An agreement or treaty between antagonistic groups. Freedom from dissension or strife. Unanimity. Pacification. Neutrality.
“Keep the peace” – maintain order; refrain from creating a disturbance.
“Make peace” - arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
“Make one’s peace with” – to become reconciled with (accustomed-adjusted); acceptance.
And then there is “Hold your peace” – to keep silent or to not say anything about something.

Peace.
The problem is that sometimes, despite our best efforts… our wants… our wishes… our hopes… our faith - peace isn’t really present, had or found.  One is then left with feelings of hurt, frustration, sadness, anger… failure.
Is one then left with “Hold your peace” – meaning “to keep silent or not say anything”?
That might be tried.  It really doesn't allow for resolution or improvement. 
In our humanity, sometimes unity-pacification-freedom from dissension doesn’t or can’t exist with some individuals.

Standing Still with PEACE the last few days, I was pointed to search and ponder His Word more deeply (peace is mentioned over 400 times!).

I found PEACE.

PEACE.
Tranquility. Untroubled. Content.

I don’t have to “keep the peace”, “make peace” or “make one’s peace with” this aspect.
I’ve been given PEACE.
            Leviticus 26:6 “And I will give peace..”
            Numbers 6:26 “The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.”
2 Chronicles 14:7   “we have sought HIM and He has given us peace on every side”.
John 14:27  “Peace I leave with you; my PEACE I give to you”

I am led in  PEACE.
Isaiah 55:12 “For you shall go out in joy, and be led forth in peace.”

PEACE is ordained for me.
Isaiah 26:12 “O lord, thou wilt ordain peace for us”.

PEACE is spoken to me.
Psalm 85:8 “Let me hear what God the Lord will speak, for he will speak peace to his people, to his saints, to those who turn to him in their hearts.”

I am kept in PEACE.
Isaiah 26:3 “Thou dost keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee.”

PEACE.

Sometimes it is returned to us.
Matthew 19:13  “And if the house is worthy, let your peace come upon it; but if it is not, let your peace return to you.”
Luke 10:6  "And if a son of peace is there, your peace shall rest upon him; but if not, it shall return to you."

Sometimes it isn’t ours to establish.
Psalm 35:20 “For they do not speak peace…”
Isaiah 59:8 “The way of peace they know not, and there is no justice in their paths; they have made their roads crooked.”
Romans 3:17 “and the way of peace they do not know.”
Isaiah48:22 “There is no peace, says the Lord, for the wicked.”
Psalm 28:3 “Take me not off with those who are workers of evil, who speak peace with their neighbors, while mischief is in their hearts.”

Always – it is ultimately just between each person and the Lord.
            Isaiah 27:5 “let them lay hold of my protection, let them make peace with me.
            Colossians 3:15 “And let the PEACE of Christ rule in your hearts.”

PEACE is really only established one way:
            Colossians 1:20 “and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making PEACE by the blood of His cross.

PEACE.
I am able to "hold my peace" -  this PEACE in my heart – His PEACE.

 
And with all my heart – I wish PEACE for you. I pray you PEACE.

 

 

Psalm 4:8   In PEACE I will both lie down and sleep; for thou alone, O Lord makest me dwell in safety.
Psalm 119:165 “Great PEACE have those who love thy law; nothing can make them stumble.”
Isaiah 9:6  “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of PEACE.”
Luke 7:50 “And Jesus said to the woman, Your faith has saved you; go in PEACE.”
Luke 8:48 “And Jesus said to her, Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in PEACE.”
Galatians 5:22 “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, PEACE, patience, kindness, goodness and faithfulness.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment