February 8, 2012

wait

A phrase in a worship song recently caught my attention – "Wait upon the Lord."  Waiting upon the Lord is often isn’t easy. 
I stood still with the word “wait”.  I discovered wait doesn’t just mean to pause, to linger or remain inactive – it also means to look forward to eagerly. So as we struggle to wait upon the Lord with hearts pondering questions such as “Where do I go from here?” “What is God calling me to do?” “What is God’s will for me in this situation?”and  “How long – Oh Lord?”  We can rest assured and eagerly look forward to His answer knowing He will provide clarity in line with His good and perfect will.  Psalms 27:14  tells us  “Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
 As we quiet our hearts, and stand still – we hear His voice.  When we seek the Lord and yield our will to His, clarity happens. Proverbs 3 states "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight". 
Life may seem to be filled with cross roads, forks in the road and detours – But we have this promise of straight paths – clarity.
And so I will WAIT - I will LOOK FORWARD TO EAGERLY.

No comments:

Post a Comment