March 4, 2011

Gratitude

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow. - Melody Beattie

On a day that could bring sorrow, I focus on my gratitude.  I have such gratefulness … thanksgiving … appreciation in my heart.  Despite loss, I have gained immeasurably more than I could’ve ever imagined.  Although the ‘why’ may never be known or understood, choosing acceptance and trust allows me to live with joy instead of despair.  I am able to clearly see God’s presence as I reflect on the past.  Today’s peace comes solely from Him.   And it is by His grace I have HOPE for tomorrow and beyond.

Gratitude.

I am thankful for time spent, however short – yet precious, with a beautiful curly brown haired daughter.
I am thankful for three amazingly loving, gifted and blessed children.
I am thankful for a strong, loving, faithful and faith filled husband.
I am thankful for friends who are caring and enduring.
I am thankful for extended family that are close no matter the distance – providing love, encouragement and joy.
I am thankful for a Father who is, was and always will be love.
I am thankful for a Savior – Redeemer and Shepherd.
I am thankful for………………………… so many blessings to numerous to name.
I am thankful.

-In loving and grateful thought and memory of Christine Hope… Happy Birthday angel girl!


1 Chronicles 16:34   Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

2 Corinthians 9:15  Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!

1 Thessalonians 5:18  Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus

Philippians 4:6-7  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Romans 5:5  And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out His love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit whom He has given us.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment