January 14, 2011

Not for naught.

I have been privy to several conversations coming from multiple directions in which people seem to be at the “end of their rope’ (9-1-10). Questions, doubt, anxiety. Once again all I can say is hold on, tie a knot and swing. Soon you will see and understand.

All for naught?! My answer to that question in N-E-V-E-R!!!
One could say…”But I gave it my all only to have failed completely”. I would say that you don’t know that for sure.
You might be thinking that I don’t have a clue what you are talking about – but I do. If it is the effort for a job – the mere fact that you worked giving your all is a success in and of itself and will be rewarded in its own time. If it is effort to guide one down the path of life so they may avoid the dangers and struggles and consequences of choice – your seeds have been planted; ultimately it may not be you who waters or weeds, but Paul said in 1 Corinthians 3:6 “I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow.” The Master gardner lovingly tends your seeds. Giving it your all – “working at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord …for it is the Lord Christ you are serving(Col.3:23…24b)” – always brings fruition if done or “if we ask anything according to his will, He hears us (1 John 5:14b)” fruition comes. GOD DOESN”T FAIL.


The Hard Part:
You say “I have loved in great amount; I have had long suffering; I have endured pain and it hasn’t made a difference.” The short of it is you are asking WHY? Only God can ever answer that question fully. Sometimes he allows us to see glimpses. He says, “My child – your path and character witness to others”; My child, you aren’t quite listening to what I am telling you – you need to let go of your plans so you can take hold of the plans I have waiting for you. My child, you’ve been on the wrong path – when you are ready, the correct path will be made visible to you – SEEK.” My dear, dear, child – success is not yours; it is not in your hand, your control, your job or anything you do - “It is by grace you have been saved through faith, not because of your works lest you should boast”(Gal. 5). Let go – Let ME. For I so loved the world, I so love YOU, I gave my one and only Son…”
Hard Decisions…Wrenching tasks – “God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” He is capable of giving “immeasurably more that we can imagine”.
As a child of God, it is he who succeeds through us. It is not for naught. He cannot, does not and will not ever fail.


Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment