December 30, 2010

Alignment

So I went to the grocery store and somehow ended up with THAT cart. You know the one – it’s got that wobbly front right wheel which pulls the cart to the right as you push it. I told myself it was going to be a quick trip and I could put up with it. It was. I did. But as I left the store and went to my vehicle, I found myself shaking my head. With the badly aligned cart, I actually chose to make the chore a little more difficult and less enjoyable than it could’ve been. I could’ve easily gone back and gotten a cart with better alignment. It’s interesting how important alignment is – ‘the proper adjustment of components for coordinated functioning’. Proper alignment ensures efficient, smooth function and more productivity with less energy.
When you think about it, good alignment is essential to living.
Alignment is necessary with possessions – no one wants the cost of new tires or repairs for a vehicle due to poor alignment, especially when that is totally avoidable. Socially, alignment of values, views and goals allows for better communication, cooperation and productivity. Physically, I know the pain that one’s hip and lower back being out of alignment can cause. Intellectually, alignment of thought in a specific field of study is necessary for learning and attainment of skill. Emotionally, alignment with feelings that are open, caring and the positive is healthier than alignment with feelings of anger, resentment, fear and the negative.
However the most important alignment in life would have to be spiritual alignment.
When you are living your life in line with God’s will, your life – in every aspect – will be perfectly aligned. This perfect alignment brings focus, purpose, contentment, joy, peace that surpasses understanding and blessed assurance.


Psalms 37:4 Delight in the Lord, He will give you the desires of your heart.


Matthew 6:33 Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment